Wednesday, December 31, 2008

poignant journey

After changing my orkut profile title to -"on a hiatus" , I packed some of my clothes with some quintessential stuff to embark a 300 km journey to my 2nd home Nainital .(OH yes you can checkout some very cool pictures from my orkut profile). I share a very inimical relationship with Nainital and the exact reason is the scenic beauty that leaves me spellbound (almost the chauvinism of Raj Thackrey for Maharashtra ).

The initial feeling of traveling alone is like killing yourself but with all these years in traveling one becomes more of an explorer , to be precise an explorer of human behavior . The long pastures and agricultural lands present a very great scene and  not to forget the obscure point of view and good intriguing talks about politics that you can share with the people (listening is equally good!). Recent events like Mumbai attacks share equal enthusiasm among the public and with the watery tea that they sell in trains , it good to learn how people behave and interact and argue presenting a new point of view every time.(Almost everyone of them posses a great acumen).

Also not to forget that such discussions often lead to a very good relationship (particularly business). 

The most important part of the whole journey is the pain people take and the time they take to adjust their seat or shift to one nearby to their family members. The great negotiations over a rupee , the fight over 'where to keep my bag ' etc. I find a profound happiness in observing them. Another important fact I noticed while noticing people is that often 50-60 km before the destination, there is a tipping point wherein everyone starts asking about which station is it. I was constantly thinking what difference would it make asking the same question but in the end its the anxiety which shall be blamed. 
Beggars also present a great observation , its not that I am mocking them but its just that a person with a slightest of business sense will tell you that the time gap between 2 beggars is evenly decided , as if they want people to recharge their emotional batteries and again give us some god damned money (also 2 rupees is worthwhile than 1).

It was all in a good experience.

No comments: