Saturday, November 8, 2008

Scavangers of night.`

Going by the title one might thinks that I am going to spook you guys out , answer is not really' but I might just shake your inner self. It was a recent diwali night and I was watching the view ...the sky it was beautiful and picturesque. There was the Diwali 'pooja' going on (I am agnostic!) and the mantras decoded as - 'on this day of diwali ,oh! Goddess please come to our houses and dwell here for rest for eternity'. "REALLY" , I thought in my mind watching a boy down on street , a scavenger . He was continuously rummaging through the garbage at the end of the street. Well my eyes shifted from the 'sky' to 'ground' and I started to think- these despised children don't have a conscience or instincts maybe for crackers. Thoughts like these make even the festive night morbid and an apprehension develops in my mind what if I had to share the same fate. My grandparents always told me that people who are poor are those who pay for their misdemeanors from their previous lives.
"Yeah !! right" , now I think that we need to have a soft corner in our hearts for such people and I respectfully disagree to the lessons taught by elders.

At the end of the day I gave away a packet of rockets to a slum dweller feeling that It might not change way Diwali is celebrated for him but this year , just for a change, let him enjoy.

No comments: